Sunday, April 20, 2014

A Personal Note

You likely have noticed that the programs have been hit-or-miss through the month of April. It's not for lack of material, that's for certain. I am energized by The Good Soldier like no other series of episodes in a long time. The notes have been simmering for the book to be written for a very long time. My passion to preach the fullness of the Gospel and the Word hasn't waned in the slightest. In fact, it's stronger than ever.

The plain truth is that this has been a horrible month. As we drive to launch Freedom Church and continue to grow Jesus Outsider, the opposition has been fierce. We've been hit from every direction. Almost everyone in the family has had health issues, including my lovely bride spending the night in the hospital for observation with symptoms of a heart attack. Financially, we have been struggling with both a loss of income and extra expenses. A multitude of other problems of varying severity have hit all at once. Murphy is definitely in the house.

To say that I'm tired is not to do justice to what I'm feeling. It's a weariness of the soul. My limbs are heavy because my heart is heavy. I am out of strength. It would be very easy to just surrender to the exhaustion and give up on everything. Go to work every day, do my job, and come home and watch TV all night. I know life would be easier if I did.

I keep going because I know I must. Not for my own sake, but because of all those out there who need to hear the Gospel. I enjoy my day job but it doesn't get me out of bed every morning. It isn't what drives me. If I were to give in and settle into that life, for me it would be a walking death. I would spend the rest of my life regretting what might have been, wondering how many lives might have been redeemed from the pit of Hell had I stayed on the course the Lord set before me. Would their blood be on my hands because I failed to speak? These questions would haunt me all my days.

So, for the sake of the lost, for those who seek to know Jesus, and the outcasts, I will continue. There comes a time when ambition, even what would be considered a right ambition, cannot drive any of us to overcome the obstacles before us. Something more must take over. Even as I write this, I can hear the cries of those in bondage to sin in need of a savior. Tired though I may be, I must keep going, I must try to reach as many as I am able with the power of the Gospel, the love of God made manifest in Jesus. I need to find the strength in the Lord to go on.

Why write this? In part, it's a matter of providing information as to the irregularity of the broadcast schedule. More so, it's a request for prayer for me, my family, and the fledgling team of Freedom Church. We need protection and provision. Most of all, I need more of the strength that comes from abiding in Him. Please be in prayer for us. We need it. As the Lord allows and this weariness passes, the program will get back on schedule. Again, please be in prayer for my family and for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment